The Sec-1 Assessment portfolio has been designed to provide organisations with a complete range of network security testing services.
Securing Web Applications
The Securing Web Applications course has been developed to provide attendees with the skills required to:
• Assess their web applications for the top ten vulnerabilities
• Interpret the results of their assessment
• Eradicate discovered vulnerabilities
This concise hands-on one day course will allow you to attack our specially developed web application to discover vulnerabilities. Each of the top ten web application vulnerabilities are covered through a mix of theory and hands on labs to ensure you gain the maximum skills transfer.
Upon completion of this course you will receive:
• An assessment toolkit CD including Open Source assessment tools, exploit code and proprietary tools created by Sec-1.
• A 230+ page course manual
• A VMWare image of the target web application used throughout the course to practice and improve your skills
As an attendee you will:
• Gain hands on experience of the techniques used to discover, exploit and resolve powerful security flaws such as Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection.
• Use Open Source tools to assess your web applications for security flaws including those defined within the OWASP Top 10.
• Resolve web application security flaws of provide consultancy to your development team.
• Receive tuition from Gary O'Leary-Steele, CREST approved penetration tester and co-author of SQL Injection Attacks and Defence
Who Should Attend This Course?
The course is relevant to attendees who are interested in or responsible for network security including:
• IT Professionals
• IT Managers
• IT Security Officers
Attendees should have:
- A working knowledge of Web Application technologies and programming languages
- A working knowledge of TCP/IP and common networking technologies
- A basic knowledge of common databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server)
- Thursday 23rd May 2013, Leeds
- To book a place call 0113 257 8955 or email email@example.com
'Following (our) initial meeting Sec-1 was requested to provide a Penetration Test for the Halcrow Group. The standard of report received has resulted in Sec-1 being the provider of choice for Penetration and Application Testing for the Halcrow Group and are retained for the foreseeable future.'